This topic is actually constantly evolving, complicated and controversial. There are unlimited numbers of popular brand names, bicycle types and bicycle manufacturers that sell bikes in the US. It is very difficult to rate the top brands, so for this we have shortlisted the most renowned bike brands in the US. In this post below we have shortlisted 20 bike brands based on the number of bikes sold per year and on the perceived quality of the bikes. The bikes are also sold in different categories like a hybrid, mountains, road etc. so the listed below is categorized into bike category or type. This list is made so that people who wish to buy a bike can get the best bike.
So here we go, the 20 most renowned bikes sold in the US are:
- Trek –kids, women, cruiser, bike path, urban, Mountain Full-Suspension, Mountain Hardtail, Triathlon, Road
- Schwinn–kids, BMX, mountain bikes, electric, cruisers, comfort, commuter, comfort.
- Giant -kids, BMX, hybrid, lifestyle. Giant for women, mountain, road.
- Cannondale – Road, Women’s Recreation, Mountain and (many subcategories)
- Mongoose – BMX Bikes that include (Team Bikes, Dirt Street Bikes, Freestyle Bikes,) Pavement/ Pavement (Dual Suspension, Hardtail XC, Jumping, Comfort, Road Alternative, Commuter)
- Raleigh – Road, Comfort, Performance Hybrid, Mountain, Hybrid, Cruiser, Youth, Women.
- Specialized Road, Globe (commute, comfort), Multi Street, Kids ATB, Dirt/Street/Vert (BMX)
- Diamondback -, Mountain Hardtail, MTN Full Suspension, Devine Designs, Performance Hybrid, Comfort, Youth, Cruiser, Hybrid, BMX
- Fuji – Specialty, Women’s, Road, Mountain, Kids, Lifestyle,
- Haro – Dirt Jump/ Urban, All Mountain-Freeride, XC Trail / XC Sport, 29er, Metro, 650B, Comfort, Cruiser
- Shimano – Comfort, BMX, Road, Mountain,
- Huffy – This brand is ongoing since 1892 – Kids, Road, Mountain, BMX,
- Gary Fisher – Genesisters, Hardtails, 29ers, Full Suspension, Pavement, Kids, Road
- Ellsworth – These are typically High-end Mountain Bikes
- Klein – Road Bikes and High-end Mountain
- Jamis – Hardtail, Road, High-end Full Suspension, Sports Comfort, Street, Youth
- Bianchi – Born for Performance (B4P), Hors Categorie (HOC), Dama Bianca, Coast to Coast (C2C), D2, Special, MTB Performance, Classica, MTB Leisure, Sport, Road Steel, Cross-Terrain
- GT – Road, Women’s, Mountain, BMX,
- Rocky Mountain – Ladies Only, Mountain, Urban & Path, Road
- Scott – Mountain, Women’s Junior’s, Road
So the list ends here. Now as you are well versed with bike brands you can go and get one for yourself. These bikes would only be available to you if you go and check out the various independent shop dealers in the US. The techniques used by the retailers are unique due to which these bikes are so popular. Before buying any bike, make sure, you get the good quality. There are massive brands so do not get confused and look for the product that matches up your requirement. If you are looking for the products online then a Toronto tennis shop would provide you all what you want.